Media and Communications Officer (Desktop Publisher)
We are currently seeking a Media and Communications Officer who will be responsible for supporting in the development and dissemination of materials for IAC.
- Based in?????????????? : Jakarta
- Reports to?????????? : Program Manager SHIFT
- Contract type??? : Project Bases
IAC will implement the SHIFT (Sustainable HIV Financing in Transition) Project for three years 2017 ? 2018, a regional Global Fund Project. The Communications Officer will be responsible for supporting IAC in the development and dissemination of communications materials. In addition, the Media and Communications Officer will assist IAC ? SHIFT Team to develop and implement a communications strategy.
Specific responsibilities :
- Develop, in collaboration with the team, IAC materials for internal and external publication;
- Oversee design, production, and maintenance of all institutional publications such as:
- Program reports;
- Success stories;
- Fact sheets;
- IAC?s profile;
- Contacts with local media;
- Photographs; and
- Other materials depending on a program?s need;
- Oversee a photographer or videographer for documentation purposes (and take photos and videos at events when appropriate);
- Verify compliance with IAC?s global branding strategies;
- Oversee translation from Bahasa Indonesian to English and vice versa;
- Review success stories of program;
- Responsible for press conferences and media releases;
- Maintain relation with media partner; (below line and on line)
- Maintain communications materials and provide them to IAC staff on request;
- Serve as the lead on executing IAC?s communication strategy in Indonesia; and
- Other duties as assigned by IAC Managers.
Expected qualifications :
- Ability to work with Key Appacted Population (Gay, Waria, Sex Worker, Injection Drug User (IDU).
- Degree in a relevant field including journalism, communications, or public affairs;
- At least three years of experience in the communications field, planning, writing, editing, and producing communications through a variety of print and online media, with new media technology utilization;
- Good written and conversational abilities in English;
- Ability to be self-reliant, results oriented, and manage multiple deadlines;
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing; and
- Ability to travel domestically.
Applications procedures :
People with disabilities or special needs, Living with HIV/AIDS, and? LGBT ( Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender ) individuals are welcome to apply
To apply, please send an email that includes a cover letter and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Media Communications Officer in the subject line. Please apply no later than June 16, 2017.? Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.